Buttermilk Corn Chowder
|Bacon slices||2 , cut up|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and cubed to make 2 cups|
|Frozen whole kernel corn/Fresh whole kernel corn||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||1 , chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan fry bacon till crisp.
2. Drain the bacon and set bacon aside, reserving drippings in the saucepan.
3. Cook the chopped onion in bacon drippings till tender and translucent but not brown.
4. Add the potatoes, corn, 1 1/2 cups of the chicken broth, the celery, salt, and pepper and bring it to boil.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
6. Combine flour and the remaining 1/2-cup chicken broth to the vegetable mixture; stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
7. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
8. Reduce heat to low and stir in the buttermilk; heat through but do not boil.
9. In four serving bowls, arrange the Buttermilk Corn Chowder.
10. Top each serving with some of the bacon.
11. Garnish with paprika or snipped parsley, if desired.
12. Serve immediately.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.86 mg0.29%
Sodium 580 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 32.7%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet