Corn Chowder With Shrimp
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Sliced green bell peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diagonally sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|All purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk/Non fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bottled clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole kernel corn||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Medium shrimp||5 Ounce, shelled, deveined|
|Chopped chinese parsley/Fresh cilantro / italian flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over high flame. Add in bell pepper, onion, celery, jalapeno, pepper and garlic. Saute well for about 2 minutes until the vegetables become soft.
2) Add in the flour and whisk continuosly to mix well for about a minute.
3) Take the saucepan off the flame and mix in the milk and clam juice.
4) Put the saucepan back on simmer over medium flame. Without letting the mixture boil, cook the mixture for about 2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
5) Lastly, add in the corn and shrimp. Mix well to combine. Continue to cook for 3 more minutes till the shrimp turns pink.
6) Serve the hot Corn Chowder with Shrimp in warm soup bowls. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley leaves.