Pineapple Fish Chowder
|Fish||1 1⁄2 Pound (carp, sea bass, etc.)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Raw shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined and cut in half|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
1) Remove the skin of the fish and cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, soy sauce and little water.
3) In a saucepan heat oil and sautÃ© garlic and onions for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the water, orange rind, bay leaf, chili peppers, anise saffron and sherry.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil add the fish and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
6) Stir in the shrimps and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
8) Add the pineapples and cook for 5 minutes more.
9) Taste for seasoning and discard the bay leaf.
10) Serve Pineapple Fish Chowder hot with boiled rice.
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 260.8 mg86.9%
Sodium 781.6 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 58 g116.4%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet