Pineapple Fish Chowder
|Fish||1 1⁄2 Pound (carp, sea bass, etc.)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Raw shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined and cut in half|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
1) Remove the skin of the fish and cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, soy sauce and little water.
3) In a saucepan heat oil and sautÃ© garlic and onions for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the water, orange rind, bay leaf, chili peppers, anise saffron and sherry.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil add the fish and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
6) Stir in the shrimps and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
8) Add the pineapples and cook for 5 minutes more.
9) Taste for seasoning and discard the bay leaf.
10) Serve Pineapple Fish Chowder hot with boiled rice.