|Sliced zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, whipped|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet potato/Yam||3 Ounce, diced and pared|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Whole kernel corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh / frozen)|
|Half and half||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 2-quart ovenproof casserole, mix together the zucchini, onion, butter, and garlic.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables become tender.
4) To this, add water, sweet potato, and broth mix. Mix thoroughly.
5) With a vented plastic wrap, cover and microwave again on high for 2 minutes, or until the sweet potato turns soft. Stir once in between.
6) Into a blender, pour this mixture.
7) On low speed, blend until the mixture is very smooth.
8) Return the soup to casserole.
9) Now, add corn and half-and-half. Mix well.
10) Microwave on high power, covered, for 1 minute or until heated through.
11) Serve the Zucchini Chowder hot, garnished with grated cheese, if desired.