Potato And Celery Seafood Chowder
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Snipped dill/1/4 teaspoon dried dill crushed||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder/1 clove garlic, minced||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Condensed cream of potato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz)|
|Shelled deveined shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, medium|
|Firm white fish fillets||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 2 pieces|
|Fresh dill sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
1. In a soup pot or saucepan, heat the oil.
2. When hot, add onion, dill and garlic powder.
3. SautÃ© until onion is limp.
4. Empty in the soup cans and stir in the milk.
5. Heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
6. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes until thick and flavors have blended.
7. To the boiling liquid, add the shrimp and fish.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until shrimp are pink and fish is flaky. Stir carefully but frequently while the soup simmers.
9. Ladle the hot soup into warm bowls
10. Garnish with dill.
11. Serve the Seafood Chowder with crusty bread.