|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Minced clams/Fresh clams - 1 1/2 dozens||16 Ounce|
|Whole kernel corn||12 Ounce|
|Pared potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Drain canned or fresh clams and reserve the liquid.
2) Chop fresh clams coarsely.
3) Drain corn, reserving liquid.
4) In 6-quart Dutch oven or kettle, lightly saute the bacon.
5) Add onion and butter, and saute until onion is golden, for about 5 minutes.
6) Remove vessel from heat.
7) Stir in flour, mix until smooth.
8) In the oven or kettle, add clams, corn, potato, salt, pepper to Dutch oven.
9) Combine clam and corn liquids and add 4 cups of water.
10) Add to Dutch oven.
11) Boil the liquid; lower the heat, cover and simmer, 25 to 30 minutes, or until potato is tender.
12) Serve the chowder hot with some garlic bread.