Easy Fish Chowder
|Haddock fillets||3⁄4 Pound|
|Fish fillets||3⁄4 Pound (Haddock, Boston Bluefish, Cod)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh parsley/Fresh dill||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. To prepare the fish cut it into chunks of 3/4-inch (2 cm) thickness and set aside.
2. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, microwave butter at High for 30 seconds until melted and add celery, onion and thyme.
3. Microwave at High for 4 to 6 minutes until softened stirring once and blend in flour.
4. Stir in stock and milk gradually and add tomatoes.
5. Covering with lid or vented plastic wrap microwave at High for 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture if bubbling and thickened, stirring twice.
6. Add fish and microwave with cover at High for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through and fish is opaque.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with parsley and serve.