|Bacon slices||4 , finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Pared potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed (4 Medium)|
|Corn kernels||4 Cup (64 tbs), cut from cob|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Frozen whole kernel corn - 2 pkg 10 oz, thawed||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a large with-cover saucepan, saute bacon, over moderate heat, until golden.
3) Add onion, potatoes, and 1 cup water.
4) Cover the pan; boil the water, and simmer about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender but not mushy.
5) Remove cover, and keep saucepan aside.
6) In medium saucepan with cover, combine corn, cream, sugar, and butter.
7) Cover the pan and simmer over low heat, 10 minutes.
8) Add to potato mixture with remaining ingredients.
9) Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through but do not boil.
10) Serve the corn chowder hot with some garlic bread.