Red Chicken Chowder
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Canned plum tomatoes with juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into into 2 x 1/4 x 1/2-inch strips (Breasts Or Thighs, Skinless, Boneless)|
|Parsley leaves/Basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (Packed)|
|Frozen corn kernels||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Sour cream/Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
1) In a medium saucepan, press the garlic cloves through a garlic press and add the tomatoes and their juices, chicken broth and water.
2) Cover the saucepan and allow to boil over a high heat, mashing the tomatoes while cooking against the sides of the pan.
3) Stir in the rice and simmer covered over a medium heat for about 15 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
4) Stir in the chicken and corn, then simmer further for 3 to 5 minutes until the chicken is just cooked through.
5) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley.
7) Laddle the soup into bowls, garnish each portion with 2 tablespoons sour cream, if desired and serve immediately.