Gloucester Fish Chowder
|Haddock fillets||1 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Wash the fish and then cut the fish fillets into cubes.
2. In a large pan, fry the salt pork until brown and starts giving off fat.
3. Remove the pork from the kettle and add onions to the pan to brown onion in fat.
4. Combine flour and salt and dredge fish with it.
Add fish, water, celery leaves and potato to the pan and cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
Add milk, butter or margarine, and additional seasonings if necessary.
5. Heat through and serve with crackers.