Quick Cape Cod Clam Chowder
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned clams||15 Ounce|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Light cream||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
1. In large saucepan, saute bacon until crisp, then remove and drain on paper towels.
2. Pour off bacon drippings from saucepan and return 1 tablespoon.
3. In bacon drippings, saute onion 5 minutes and remove from heat.
4. Drain clams, reserving liquid.
5. Add clam liquid to sauteed onion, along with chicken soup, cream, potatoes, salt and pepper.
6. Bring to boiling, stirring.
7. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
8. Add clams and simmer 3 minutes longer.
9. Add bacon to the chowder and serve with crackers.