Healthy Seafood Chowder
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||2 , sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced thinly|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Celery stalks||1 , diced|
|Potato||1 , diced|
|Fish stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Fillet||1 Pound, skinned|
|Cod fillet||1 Pound, skinned|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Scallops||8 , shelled|
|Quick cook macaroni||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Macaroni||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Mussels||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, shelled (2 Can)|
|Cooked mussels||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, shelled|
|Cooked shrimp||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||To Taste, grated|
1. In a large soup pot or saucepan, heat the oil.
2. Add vegetables and sauté until limp.
3. Pour in stock and add bouquet garni. Heat until stock begins to boil.
4. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
5. At the same time, in a medium saucepan, place cod and cover with milk.
6. Poach fish on a low flame until almost cooked.
7. Use a slotted spoon to remove fish on a plate and keep aside.
8. In the same milk, poach the scallops for 2 to 3 minutes and remove onto a separate plate.
9. Reserve the poaching milk.
10. Flake the poached fish removing and discarding bones and skin.
11. Slice scallops and set aside.
12. Add macaroni and seasonings to the soup and heat to a boil.
13. Cover and cook on low flame until macaroni is cooked.
14. Stir in the reserved poaching milk, and heat through.
15. Finally add the cooked cod, scallops, mussels, and shrimp.
16. Add parsley and adjust seasoning.
17. Heat through.
18. Ladle into soup plates and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
19. Serve immediately with crusty bread if you like.