|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, diced|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Baby lima beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|1% low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and 1/4 cup of the stock to the oil.
3. Saute the vegetables for about 5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add the corn kernels and lima beans into the pan along with the remaining stock, and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup, partially covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. In a small bowl, take the cornstarch and add 1/2 cup of the milk and dry mustard. Beat the mixture until smooth. 7. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the soup with the remaining milk and the lemon zest.
8. Bring the soup back to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes more.
9. Season the soup with salt and pepper before taking it off the heat.
10. Serve hot with freshly-made bread.