|Firm white fish||2 Pound, filleted skinned (Such As Cod, Halibut, Blackfish)|
|Boiling potatoes||1 3⁄4 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 To 5 Medium Sized)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter buds||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned creamed corn||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Wash the fish removing bones and skin if any.
2. Cut fish into 2-inch chunks.
3. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, add fish and about 5 cups water or enough to cover the fish.
4. Heat to boiling point.
5. Reduce heat, cover and poach fish for 4 minutes.
6. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fish to a platter and set aside.
7. To the fish stock, add the potatoes and bring to a boil
8. Add salt, cover, and simmer potatoes for 12 to 15 minutes, until fork tender and easy to mash.
9. While the potatoes are boiling, in a medium skillet heat oil.
10. Add the carrots sauté until limp.
11. Add the onion and parsley and sauté for another 5 minutes until the soft and golden. Take pan off the heat.
12. When potatoes are soft, mash them with the back of the spoon by pushing them to the sides of the pot.
13. Add the vegetable mixture to the potatoes along with the milk and Butter Buds and corn.
14. Stir well to mix thoroughly.
15. Season the soup to taste.
16. Finally return the fish to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes until well heated.
17. Ladle the chowder into deep dish soup plates.
18. Serve piping hot with crust bread if you like.