Hearty Turkey Chowder
|Turkey broth/Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Fresh ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||6 Medium, pared and sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Chill the broth and skim off fat from the surface.
2) In a large bowl, mix the flour, turkey, eggs, onion, milk, salt and pepper together and shape the mixture into 36 small size balls.
3) In a stock pot, allow the broth to boil, add the meatballs and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
4) With a slotted spoon, take out the meatballs from the broth and keep aside.
5) Then add the sliced carrots into the broth, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6) In a cup, mix the flour and water together, stir into the broth and carrots, cook further for about 2 minutes until the mixture begins to bubble.
7) Lastly stir in the meatballs and lemon juice.
8) Serve immediately in a nice plate.