Manhattan Clam Chowder
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (raw)|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (raw)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Can (25 oz)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Large clams/Chopped||2 Dozen, cleaned (2 cups minced clams)|
|Fine cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a heavy kettle, add the pork and cook till lightly brown.
2) Add in the onion and cook till golden brown.
3) Add in the remaining vegetables, water, and seasonings.
4) Cover and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
5) Add in the clams and cook 5 minutes.
6) Add in the cracker crumbs.
7) Serve hot with a sprinkle of pepper.