Jeff's Potato Chowder With Leeks
|Baking potatoes||3 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes (Large Sized)|
|Baking potatoes||3 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes (5 Large Size)|
|Leeks||4 Medium, minced to make about 2 cups, rinsed well and patted dry|
|White of leek||4 Medium, rinsed well and patted dry, minced to make 2 cups|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced-sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs), reduced|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Hot sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|1% milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Non fat sour cream/Low-fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Nonfat / Low Fat)|
|Chives||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
1) Peel and dice potatoes.
2) In a large pot add potatoes with water enough to cover it.
3) Boil and simmer covered for 20 to 30 minutes till tender.
4) In a large nonstick skillet heat butter, cook the leeks over moderately low heat for 5 minutes till softened.
5) Drain potatoes and place them into the pot.
6) Stir in broth and 2 cups of the water and heat.
7) Pour the content in blender in batches and puree about three-fourths of it. Let few cubes remain for texture. Avoid over blending the soup.
8) Add leeks, hot sauce, Worcestershire, milk, sour cream and salt and pepper (preferably white) —to taste. Heat the soup till hot.
9) Add additional water to get the desired consistency.
10) Serve hot or cold.
11) Garnish with chopped chives.