Sweet Corn and Seafood Chowder
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, diced|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|All purpose potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and diced|
|Fish stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Medium shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
|1% low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, heat oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the oil
3. Saute the vegetables, for about 5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add the potatoes with the fish stock, stir it in the mixture and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup, partially covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat. Take 2 cups of vegetables out of the pan and into a belender or food processor. Make a smooth puree.
7. Add the puree to back to the saucepan. Also add the shrimp, corn, and milk.
8. Return the mixture to heat and bring it to a boil.
9. Reduce the heat and simmer about 3 minutes more.
10. Season the soup with salt, pepper, and paprika before taking it off the heat.
11. Serve hot with bread