Mom's Vineyard Clam Chowder
|Potatoes||4 Large, peeled|
|Clams||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Light cream||1 Pint|
|Whole milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water to tender.
2) Make small bite size pieces out of the potatoes and clams.
3) In a bowl, combine potatoes and clams along with milk, clam juice and cream.
4) Stir well.
5) Add butter to melt in warm chowder over low heat.
6) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Pour in little wine or vermouth if desired.
8) Heat up over low heat until nice and hot, but do not boil.
9) Serve the chowder warm by topping with melting butter.