Pacific Seafood Chowder
|Halibut||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned king crab/1 package of 6 ounce frozen king crab||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sweet spanish onion||1 Large|
|Chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||32 Ounce (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Clam tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hard shell clams||12 Small (1 Dozen)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut halibut into 1-inch chunks. Drain canned crab and slice. Or defrost, drain and slice frozen crab. Pare potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Peel and thinly slice onion.
2. Saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter in a saucepot. Add tomatoes with liquid, clam-tomato juice, and seasonings. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
3. Add halibut, potatoes and clams. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, or until halibut and potatoes are done and clam shells open.
4. Add crab and heat through.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with buttered crusty bread.