|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled, sliced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Boiling water||1 Pint|
|Cod fillet||12 Ounce|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Gently saute the onion for about 10 minutes or till it has tendered. Cover the pan to keep the onion from browning.
2) Add the seasoning, boiling water and the potaotes. On top, arrange the fish which has been skinned and cut into neat medium-sized chunks.
3) Cover the pan and cook over low heat gently for about 30 minutes, till the potatoes have softened.
4) Take the pan off the heat and lift out the fish pieces very carefully. Take out any bones and skin. Flake the fish and put it back in the pan.
5) Bring the milk to a boil and immediately add the cream and butter or margarine.
6) Serve hot in soup bowls after sprinkling with chopped parlsey. Serve butter and brown bread on the side.