Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
|Bacon slices||10 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), diced|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||17 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||12 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
1) Take a 4-quart Dutch oven and cook bacon until brown.
2) Remove bacon from heat and reserve drippings.
3) Saute onion in the drippings until soft and then add bacon, carrot, bouillon cubes, water, and potatoes and let it boil.
4) Minimize heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes turn tender.
5) Add milk and corn and heat thoroughly.
6) Mix cheese and flour and toss well until cheese is coated well.
6) Add the cheese mixture to soup and stir until cheese melts.
7) Sprinkle pepper and serve.