Seared Cod with Chowder Sauce
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (A Knob)|
|Shallot||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Pork fat/2 smoked streaky bacon rashers||2 Ounce (50 Grams Lardons)|
|White wine||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Waxy potatoes||1 Large, cut in to small chunks|
|Clams||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Sweetcorn||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cod fillets||300 Gram (Thick Cut, From A Sustainable Source)|
|Finely chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a pan, saute the shallot and lardons or bacon in the melted butter for about 5 minutes until soft.
2) Stir in the wine, potato and 50ml water, then cook covered for 10 minutes, stir occasionally until soft.
3) Tip in the clams, cook covered for 5 minutes until they open up . Stir and mix with the sweetcorn and cream, keep warm.
4) In a heated non-stick frying pan, add oil and place the fillets with the skin below, season and cook for 3-5 minutes until the skin is crisp. Gently turn over cook for further 2 minutes until done.
5) In 2 shallow bowls, pour the creamy potato mixture. Put a cod fillet in each bowl, garnish with the chives and serve immediately.
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg20.3%
Sodium 71.1 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 21 g41.6%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 41.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet