Golden Cheese Chowder
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Pound (4 Cups)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Place a heavy bottomed 2-quart saucepan over low flame and melt butter it.
2) Stir in the flour to it and mix until smooth.
3) Cook the mixture for a minute with constant stirring.
4) Pour the milk gradually and stir it with the mixture.
5) Cook with continuous stirring until the mixture starts bubbling and thickening.
6) Mix the cheese and stir it into the mixture until completely melted.
7) Remove the cheese sauce mixture from the heat and set it aside.
1) In a 5-quart Dutch oven, boil the vegetables in the water with salt and pepper seasoning.
2) Lower the heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes until vegetables become tender.
3) Add hot sauce to taste, ham and cheese sauce and stir.
4) Allow it to cook over low flame until completely heated (don’t boil).
5) Serve with golden crispy fries.