Gloucester Fish Chowder
|Haddock fillets||1 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cubed salt pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Celery leaves||4 (A Few)|
|Potato||1 Large, diced|
|Hot milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Cut fish fillets into 1 inch cubes.
2. Season flour with salt
3. Toss the fish cubes in flour.
4. In a medium skillet, sauté salt pork until well browned.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove pork onto platter.
6. In the same skillet, add onion to the pork fat and sauté will soft.
7. Pour in water and stir in celery leaves and potato.
8. Add fish cubes.
9. Cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
10. Finish with milk and butter or margarine.
11. Taste soup and season liking.
12. Ladle hot soup into soup bowls.
13. Top with browned pork
14. Serve with crackers.