Sweet Corn Chowder
|Sweet corn kernels||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Bacon||200 Gram, chopped|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Potatoes||4 Large, peeled|
|Vegetable stock||500 Milliliter|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Garnish)|
1) In boiling salted water, cook sweet corn and then drain and reserve 500 ml of water.
2) Over moderate heat, place a pan and put bacon (if used) in it.
3) Fry and toss till colour changes.
4) To the pan, add oil and heat through.
5) Add onions and celery and saute till onions are soft.
6) Stir in reserved corn water along with potatoes, bay leaves and stock.
7) Bring to a boil and add salt and pepper to it.
8) Lower the heat and cook till potatoes are firm and tender.
9) Remove the pan from heat.
10) Combine together the flour and 1/2 cup milk and add to the pan.
11) Return the pan to the heat and boil, stirring all the while.
12) In an another pan, heat the remaining milk and add to chowder with corn.
13) Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
14) Spoon into soup bowls, sprinkle heavily with parsley and serve hot.
If canned corn are being used then drain the corns and reserve the stock. Extra water can eb added if stock is not enough.