Corn And Cheese Chowder
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Cream style corn||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large Dutch oven, add first 7 ingredients.
2) Place the Dutch oven over medium heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Reduce heat to low and allow simmering for 10 minutes or so, until the potatoes get tender.
Remove bay leaf from the sauce.
4) Add corn, milk, tomatoes, salt and pepper to the Dutch oven.
5) Heat up thoroughly.
6) Sprinkle cheese on top and cook over low heat by constant stirring until the cheese melts down.
7) Just before serving, sprinkle parsley over chowder.