Mixed Seafood Chowder
|Flounder fillet||3⁄4 Pound, cut into 3/4 inch pieces|
|Cod fillets/Halibut / grouper fillets||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Medium shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled, deveined, and halved lengthwise|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bottled clam juice/Fish broth / reduced-sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Reduced-sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen tiny peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced fresh dill/1 teaspoon dried||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium bowl, combine the fish and shrimp, sprinkle with the lemon juice, and toss gently. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, warm the butter over medium-low heat until melted. Add the flour and curry powder, and cook, whisking constantly, until the flour is completely blended, about 3 minutes.
3. Whisking constantly, gradually add the fish broth and chicken broth. Add the salt and pepper, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the fish and shrimp mixture, the peas, and cream, stir to combine, and simmer until the fish and shrimp are opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dill.
5. Ladle the chowder into 4 soup bowls and serve hot.
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202 mg67.3%
Sodium 1137.9 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 39 g78.8%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 25.2%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet