Vegetable And Corn Chowder
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Red onion||1 Small, diced|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, diced|
|Potato||1 Medium, diced|
|Broccoli florets||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sweet corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper||1|
1. Cook the broccoli florets until tender in boiling water with some salt. Remove and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large soup pot and add the garlic. Saute for a minute and then add the onions, potatoes and red bell pepper. Stir for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the flour and cook for about a minute.
4. Stir in the stock and milk and bring it to a boil stirring continuously.
5. Add the sweet corn and simmer for about 15-20 minutes over low heat until all the vegetables get cooked.
6. Add the broccoli florets, heavy cream and cheese.
7. Stir for 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve in a warm soup bowl with a crusty baguette. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro.