|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Celery stick||2 , trimmed and finely sliced|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Skimmed milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Canned tuna in water||200 Gram|
|Sweet corn in water||320 Gram, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped thyme||2 Teaspoon, chopped freshly|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Freshly chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and celery and gently cook for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time until the onion is softened.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute to thicken.
3. Draw the pan off the heat and gradually pour in the milk, stirring throughout.
4. Add the tuna and its liquid, the drained sweetcorn and the thyme.
5. Mix gently, then bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Sprinkle the chowder with the cayenne pepper and chopped parsley. Divide into soup bowls and serve immediately.