Corn and Tomato Chowder
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs) (low-salt chicken broth)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), stemmed|
|Sweet basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1. In a pot on medium high, heat olive oil and butter. Add the onions and saute it for about 2 minutes. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pour in the white wine. Mix well and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
3. Once it starts simmering, add the corn, vegetable stock, mix well and let it simmer for another 2 minutes on medium high.
4. Stir in the heavy cream, cherry tomatoes and mix well. Bring this chowder to a boil for bout 3 - 4 minutes. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 12 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Stir in the thyme, basil and mix well. Cook this for another 2 minutes and switch off the heat and get ready to serve.
6. Serve this corn and tomato chowder hot garnished with basil leaves in a soup bowl.
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.7 mg33.2%
Sodium 484.2 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet