There is nothing better than sweet summer corn. This month, Chef Maxwell shows us how to prepare corn chowder.
1 Large, diced
Dry white wine
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
6 Cup (96 tbs) (low-salt chicken broth)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), stemmed
2 Tablespoon, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
1. In a pot on medium high, heat olive oil and butter. Add the onions and saute it for about 2 minutes. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pour in the white wine. Mix well and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
3. Once it starts simmering, add the corn, vegetable stock, mix well and let it simmer for another 2 minutes on medium high.
4. Stir in the heavy cream, cherry tomatoes and mix well. Bring this chowder to a boil for bout 3 - 4 minutes. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 12 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Stir in the thyme, basil and mix well. Cook this for another 2 minutes and switch off the heat and get ready to serve.
6. Serve this corn and tomato chowder hot garnished with basil leaves in a soup bowl.
There is nothing better than a delicious corn and tomato chowder. Watch this excellent video as Chef Maxwell shows us how to prepare chowder with fresh corn, onions, cherry tomatoes and basil. See the video to make this flavorful and healthy chowder for an elegant winter treat.