Chocolate and Chestnut Cupcakes
|For the cupcakes|
|Caster sugar||180 Gram|
|Chestnut flour||180 Gram|
|Chocolate||60 Gram (Good quality plain chocolate)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|For the frosting|
|Icing sugar||180 Gram|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for the cake together.
3. Once fluffy, beat in the eggs bit by bit and then finally fold in the chestnut flour and baking powder to create a batter.
4. In a small pan, melt the chocolate over a gentle heat.
5. Separate the cake batter into two separate bowls and then pour the chocolate into one of the bowls and mix well into the mixture.
6. Lay out 12 paper muffin cases and divide each bowl of mixture equally between the cases, starting with the chocolate batter, smoothing it out at the bottom, and then spooning the plain batter on top.
7. Place the cakes into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until well risen, and you can insert a skewer and have it come out clean.
8. For the Frosting: Over a gentle heat in a pan, mix the butter and icing sugar for the frosting to a paste.
9. Melt the chocolate and mix in well too. If you find the frosting overly stiff, add in a little milk.
10. Allow the baked cakes to cool and then cover with the frosting.
11. Serve in a nice platter and enjoy.