Easy Chocolate Truffles
|Biscuits||250 Gram (Any plain biscuits or cookies)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the Chocolate sauce)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Chocolate sauce)|
|Milk/Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For the Chocolate sauce)|
|Butter/Margarine||100 Gram (For the Chocolate sauce)|
|Brandy/Cognac||1 Tablespoon (For the Chocolate sauce)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (For the Chocolate sauce)|
|Coconut flakes||1 Teaspoon (For the Chocolate sauce)|
1. Put the biscuits in a thick plastic bag, cover with a kitchen towel and hit with a rolling pin until you have finely chopped biscuits.
2. In a bowl, add crushed buscuits, walnuts and raisins.
3. Heat a pan on medium low with sugar, cocoa, ½ cup water (or slightly more) and mix all the time.
4. Add vanilla and brandy and keep stirring until the sugar dissolve.
5. When all the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and stir in the butter until it melts completely.
6. Pour the chocolate sauce into the biscuits mix and mix well until the mixture is sticky.
7. Make small balls with your hands, roll them in coconut and place on a platter.
8. Refrigerate for few hours.
9. Take out the chocolate truffles out of the fridge half an hour before serving and plate.
If you don't add nuts and raisins the mixture may be too watery and you'll have to add some more chopped biscuits.