Ever get a craving for rich milk chocolate surrounding a luscious peanut butter center? These little candies will fit the bill. Did you know they are sometimes affectionately called buckeye balls?
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Skippy)
3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened
Milk chocolate chips
12 Ounce (Guittard)
1. Prepare the baking sheet and line it with wax paper.
2. In a stand mixer cream the butter and peanut butter for few minutes, add vanilla and mix it slowly, add the powdered sugar a spoonful at a time.
3. Once smooth dough if formed, make a small balls about ½ inch to ¾ of an inch in diameter.
4. In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips along with the shortening, melt for 3 minutes or until you achieve a smooth texture.
5. Dip the peanut butter in the chocolate and coat it well, using two toothpicks roll the peanut butter balls and place it in the prepared tray.
6. Once done keep it in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
7. Serve the peanut butter balls after a hearty meal.
Things You Will Need