Barry & Phoebe make some chocolate tiffin - perfect for a Christmas time treat!
2 Tablespoon, chopped
250 Gram (rich tea biscuits)
1 Teaspoon (For deep frying)
1. Grease a baking tray with butter and set aside.
2. Break the biscuits in a plastic bag and keep aside.
3. Take a saucepan and add the butter and sugar. Add the cocoa powder and syrup. Stir and cook them on low flame.
4. Take the biscuits powder in a mixing bowl and cherries and raisins.
5. Pour the biscuit mixture to the cocoa powder mixture. Stir them well and cook for some time.
6. Put the cooked biscuit mixture into a greased baking tray and place it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a microwave.
8. Pour the melted chocolate over the tiffin. Put the tiffin in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
9. Cut the chocolate tiffin’s into pieces and serve.
Tiffin is a form of cake-like confection composed of crushed biscuits (most commonly digestive biscuits) sugar, syrup, raisins and cocoa powder, often covered with a layer of melted chocolate. Unlike regular cakes, Tiffin does not require baking. Instead, following preparation of the mixture, the confection is chilled until set. As a consequence the product may also known as 'fridge cake' or another similar term.
This chocolate tiffin is really great for those who loves the great flavor and texture of chocolates. This is the perfect sweet snack item, which can be made on the occasion of Christmas. Just gather all the ingredients and make yourself a wonderful chocolate tiffin.