If you are in the need of a nice dessert but simple to make, try out my chocolate covered figs!
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Coarse sea salt
1) Wash the fresh figs and pat dry really good with paper towels and set aside. Make sure there is no water on the fruit.
2) In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, then check and stir. Repeat that step again one more time.
3) If the chocolate hasn’t completely melted place it back in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.
4) Remove the container from the microwave and stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted.
5) Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, and sprinkle some chopped pistachios on top of the wax paper.
6) To start dipping the Figs, hold from the stem and dip the chocolate until it’s ¾ covered.
7) You may have to twist and turn your figs around in the bowl to cover them.
8) With the side of the bowl gently scrape off any excess chocolate and place on the pistachio covered wax paper.
9) Continue to repeat the dipping until all the figs are covered in chocolate.
10) Once All the figs are covered with chocolate, sprinkle them real well with the chopped pistachios and a tiny pinch each of the coarse sea salt.
11) Place them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
12) Bring them out of the refrigerator and serve them. Enjoy!