If the problem persists contact your website administrator. Please check logs for further debugging.
Big Fat Oreo
|All-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (0.5 Stick, At Room Temperature)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Microwave the chocolate for 60 seconds. Finish the melting process by simply mixing the chocolate with a spoon. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar on medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
5. Beat in the melted chocolate until smooth. Then on low speed mix in half of the dry ingredient mixture and beat until smooth.
6. On low speed, beat in the buttermilk followed by the other half of the dry ingredients. Beat on medium to high speed until smooth.
7. Spoon dough (about 1 tablespoon for each cookie) onto a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet keeping them about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. Making sure to cool completely when finished baking.
In the meantime, make the frosting:
10. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients with a fork. When all ingredients are combined, beat on high speed with an electric hand mixer until frosting is light and fluffy.
11. When cookies are completely cool, assemble the Whoopie pies by sandwiching about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese frosting in between two cookies.
12. Serve as a tea-time snack!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4195 Calories from Fat 1286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g225.6%
Saturated Fat 81.1 g405.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 584.9 mg195%
Sodium 2593.4 mg108.1%
Total Carbohydrates 682 g227.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.5%
Sugars 468.1 g
Protein 58 g115.8%
Vitamin A 91% Vitamin C
Calcium 37.1% Iron 89.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet