Pots De CrÃ¨me
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Pint (3 cups)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate||2 Ounce (2 squares)|
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In medium saucepan, combine cream and sugar.
3. Place the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
4. Stir in vanilla after removing the mixture from heat.
5. In medium bowl, with wire whisk or rotary beater, beat egg yolks until blended but not frothy.
6. Add hot cream mixture to egg, beating constantly.
7. In 8 (5-oz) or 10 (3-oz) ungreased souffle dishes or custard cups, strain the mixture.
8. In a shallow pan place the cups.
9. Around the shallow pan, pour water upto ½ -inch level.
10. In preheated oven, bake for 30 minutes or until mixture just begins to set around edges.
11. Remove from water. Allow it to cool for about 30 minutes on wire racks.
12. Wrap the cups with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight till chilled.
13. Serve Pots De CrÃ¨me chilled with chocolate curls.
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 666
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.7%
Saturated Fat 45.8 g228.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 478 mg159.3%
Sodium 79.3 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.3%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 58.3% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet