How to Make Chocolate Cups With Mousse Inside
|For the chocolate cup-|
|Bittersweet chocolate||170 Gram (60% cacao)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For the mousse-|
|Bittersweet chocolate||130 Gram|
|Egg yolks||2 Large|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hazelnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Amarula liquor/Hazelnut liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
1. For the for chocolate cups: Bring water to a boil and place the bowl with the chopped chocolate over it to melt. When the chocolate starts to melt, stir to melt the pieces evenly.
2. Using a spoon, add the melted chocolate into the mini cupcake liners and brush to distribute evenly on the edges. Make sure the bottom is heavier with a little more chocolate.
3. Place the chocolate paper liners into a mini cupcake holder and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Once cooled, give the liners a second coat of the chocolate and cool again for 30 minutes.
5. For the mousse: Melt the chocolate for the mousse in a double boiler.
6. Gently peel off the cupcake liner and place the chocolate cups back in the freezer until needed.
7. In a stand mixer bowl, add the egg yolks, powdered sugar, water and whisk a little.
8. Place the bowl over a double boiler and whisk constantly for 6 minutes.
9. Remove and place the bowl in a stand mixer to whisk for 3 minutes.
10. Add the egg yolk cream into the melted chocolate and mix until thick.
11. Add the ground hazelnut and liqueur and mix.
12. Beat the heavy cream to hard peaks.
13. Add 1/3 red of the whipped cream into the mousse and stir from the bottom to the top. Add the rest of the whipped cream in two parts into the mousse and gently incorporate.
14. Fill the mousse into a pastry bag.
15. Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and add the mousse filling.
16. Serve as a dessert at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2753 Calories from Fat 1793
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 208 g319.6%
Saturated Fat 112.9 g564.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 699 mg233%
Sodium 138.6 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 245 g81.6%
Dietary Fiber 21 g84.2%
Sugars 206.3 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 79.3% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 33% Iron 66.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet