Chocolate And Nut Snowball
|Semi sweet chocolate||1 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|Vanilla/Other flavoring orange cognac liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecans/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla/1 tablespoon cognac / orange cognac flavored liqueur||1 Tablespoon|
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take a 10-cup ovenproof bowl and line it with a double thickness of foil.
3) In a saucepan, over low heat, melt the chocolate with the water and sugar, it can be done in microwave as well.
4) In a mixer or the food processor; place the chocolate and beat in the butter, then the eggs, one by one, optional flavoring, beating after each addition.
5) Stir in the nuts.
6) In the foil-lined mold, pour the mixture; bake 1-1/2 hours or until a thick crust has formed on top.
7) Remove from oven and cool.
8) If the chocolate ball collapse-€”don't worry.
9) Wrap well and keep in refrigerator until set.
(It will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks, and freezes well.)
10) With the sugar and the vanilla or cognac, whip the cream.
11) Take a star tip piping bag and place the cream.
12) Take out the snowball from the refrigerator.
13) Remove the foil.
14) On a serving dish, place flat side down.
15) Pipe to cover completely with rosettes so no chocolate shows.
16) Dust with chocolate or cocoa.
17) Keep to chill, until served.
18) Cut the snowball in small slices and serve as dessert.