Chocolate Chip Melt Aways
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Additional sugar- as needed)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate morsels||12 Ounce (1 package)|
1) In a large mixing bowl, mix first 5 ingredients and beat until smooth.
2) In another bowl mix flour, soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
3) Add the two mixtures and beat until smooth.
4) Add vanilla and chocolate morsels.
5) Make 1-inch balls of the mixture and roll it in sugar.
6) Take an ungreased cookie sheet and put the balls on it about 2 inches apart.
7) Bake for 10-12 minutes until light brown at 375 degrees. Cool them on rack.
8) Serve chocolate chip melt aways for snacks.