Chocolate Cream Sponges
|Individual sponge cakes||4|
|Icing sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cooking chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Ice cream||1 Pint (Family Pack)|
1) Slice the sponge cakes in half.
2) In a bowl, add in butter and icing sugar. Cream together to get a light and fluffy mixture.
3) Place a bowl over hot water. Add in chocolate and keep stirring till it melts.
4) In a bowl, add in the melted chocolate, butetr and egg yolk. Gently fold in a whisked egg white.
5) Transfer the mixture into a piping bag with nozzle. Pipe the chocolate mixture over the sponge cakes.
6) To serve, scoop out the ice cream onto the centre of a large, round plate.
7) Place the sponge cakes around the edges.
8) Garnish each cake with angelica leaves, if desired.
9) Serve immediately.