Chocolate Cream Sponges
|Individual sponge cakes||4|
|Icing sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cooking chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Ice cream||1 Pint (Family Pack)|
1) Slice the sponge cakes in half.
2) In a bowl, add in butter and icing sugar. Cream together to get a light and fluffy mixture.
3) Place a bowl over hot water. Add in chocolate and keep stirring till it melts.
4) In a bowl, add in the melted chocolate, butetr and egg yolk. Gently fold in a whisked egg white.
5) Transfer the mixture into a piping bag with nozzle. Pipe the chocolate mixture over the sponge cakes.
6) To serve, scoop out the ice cream onto the centre of a large, round plate.
7) Place the sponge cakes around the edges.
8) Garnish each cake with angelica leaves, if desired.
9) Serve immediately.
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.2 mg53.1%
Sodium 280.6 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 54.8 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 0.91%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet