Double Chocolate Espresso Gems
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Land O Lakes)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Instant espresso powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole pecans||30 Small|
|Bittersweet chocolate bar||4 Ounce, broken into small pieces (1 Bar)|
|Chocolate covered espresso coffee beans||30 (If Desired)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon (If Desired)|
1) Heat oven to 375°.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, add chocolate chips and butter.
3) Place over low heat, stirring occasionally allow to melt till smooth.
4) Transfer into a medium bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5) Mix in the sugar and eggs.
6) Gradually stir in the flour, chopped pecans, espresso powder, and vanilla.
7) Line the miniature muffin pans with mini paper liners.
8) Add the batter onto the paper liners, filling 3/4.
9) Place the pecan in the center of each cup and place chocolate pieces on each side.
10) Place in oven for 18 to 23 minutes.
11) Allow to stand for 5 minutes in muffin pans.
12) Remove and lightly push espresso bean into each.
13) Serve cooled, sprinkled with powdered sugar.