Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped, toasted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (packed)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Bananas||2 Medium, quartered lengthwise and sliced for 1 1/2 cups|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, oats, almonds, baking soda, and salt; keep aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl, put together brown sugar and butter; using an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until mixture is light.
4. Add the dry ingredient mixture and beat well.
5. Into an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan, spoon half of the mixture and press to cover bottom.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes until crust is golden brown.
7. Remove pan from oven and top with slices of banana and chocolate pieces.
8. Add remaining oat mixture on top and using the back of a large spoon, press the mixture lightly to pack.
9. Return pan to oven and bake for 25 minutes until top is lightly browned.
10. Remove on a wire rack and let cool in pan.
11. Cut pie into bars and store covered in refrigerator.
12. Serve Chocolate Chip Banana Bars alone as snack.