Chocolate Dipped Cream
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted chocolate||1 Ounce (Semisweet Or Bittersweet Type)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Assorted jimmies||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Sift together the cornstarch and flour.
3) In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter.
4) Add the powdered sugar gradually and cream well.
5) Add the vanilla, salt and sifted ingredients.
6) Chill the mixture for 2 to 3 hours.
7) Shape the chilled dough into small round, triangles, crescents and bars.
8) On a greased baking sheet, place the dough shapes about 2 inches apart.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
10) While still hot, roll the cookies in powdered sugar.
11) In melted chocolate, dip the cookies and then dip them in chopped nuts, jimmies or coconut.
12) Let the chocolate harden and then store till it is time to serve.
13) Arrange the cookies on a serving platter and serve as and when preferred. These are an excellent tea/coffee/milk accompaniment.