Chocolate Petal Crust
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), unsifted|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9-inch pie plate and keep aside.
3. In a large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, egg and vanilla until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Using a sieve, sift flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt to mix.
5. Add the sifted flour mixture to butter mixture and mix to form a dough.
6. Divide the dough into two equal parts.
7. On a floured surface, roll the dough balls into 1 ½ inch diameter circles.
8. Using a pastry cutter, slice one roll into 1/8 inch slices.
9. On the side and bottom of the prepared pie plate, arrange the pastry strips on bottom and up side with edges touching each other.
10. Bake the pie in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
11. Let it cool down completely before filling.
12. Use Chocolate Petal Crust for preparing frozen pies.