Gateau Au Chocolate Nancy
|For the cake|
|Butter||5 Ounce, softened|
|Bitter chocolate||4 Ounce, melted|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Ground almonds||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipped double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Sprinkling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch cake tin.
2) In a bowl, add in butter and melted chocolate. Blend well.
3) Add in the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture.
4) Next, add in the ground almonds and vanilla essence. Blend to mix well.
5) In a bowl beat the egg whites to get stiff peaks. Fold it into the cake batter. Transfer the mixture to the cake tin.
6) Bake for about 30 minutes.
7) Let the cake cool down a bit in its tin itself. Unmould onto a wire rack and cool down completely.
8) If you want to freeze the cake, freeze till it firms up. Wrap in cling film and into a freezer bag. Freeze till ready to use.
9) Slice the cake in half forizontally. Spread the whipped cream in between the two halves. Sprinkle the cake with icing sugar on top.
10) To thaw the cake, place in the refrigerator overnight.
11) Serve as in steps 9 and 10.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2851 Calories from Fat 1940
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g337.5%
Saturated Fat 127.7 g638.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1324.2 mg441.4%
Sodium 370.1 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.5%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 154.6 g
Protein 38 g76.6%
Vitamin A 126.7% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 75.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet