|Golden syrup||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Sugar||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Cocoa powder||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Digestive biscuits||9 Ounce, crushed (250 gram)|
|Almonds||1 Ounce, ground (25 gram)|
|Glace cherries||4 Ounce, chopped (100 gram)|
|Plain chocolate||3 Ounce (75 gram, for finish)|
1) Grease a shallow 20 cm/8 inch square cake tin.
2) In apan, put the syrup, butter and sugar and heat gently until melted.
3) Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate, then stir well to mix.
4) Leave the mixture to cool, then press the mixture into the prepared tin.
5) Cover the tin with foi, seal it, lebl it and freeze.
6) Remove the foil and thaw at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
7) Melt the chocolate and spread over the cake.
8) Leave the cake until chocolate sets over it, then cut into 64 squares and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3468 Calories from Fat 1687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 187 g287.1%
Saturated Fat 102 g510.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg81.3%
Sodium 1618.6 mg67.4%
Total Carbohydrates 452 g150.6%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g106.9%
Sugars 290.7 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.3% Iron 43.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet