No Bake Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Chocolate wafer crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peppermint patties||20 Small (miniature size or 5 large, York)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce (2 packages, 8 ounce each)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Unflavored gelatine||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peppermint patties||8 Small, grated while frozen (miniature size or 2 large, York)|
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs with melted butter.
2. In a 9 inch springform pan, pat the mixture firmly at the bottom.
3. Refrigerate the curst until chill.
4. In a saucepan, melt the YORK Peppermint Patties and the butter.
5. Over the chilled crumb crust, drizzle the melted butter peppermint mixture.
6. Refrigerate again until chill.
7. Using an electric beater or wired whisk, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
8. Gradually add and beat in the sweetened condensed milk until it is smooth.
9. In another saucepan, soak gelatine in lemon juice until soft; warm slightly to dissolve.
10. Add vanilla extract and gelatin to the cheese mixture.
11. Fold in the whipping cream in the cream cheese mixture.
12. In a separate bowl, whip sour cream until soft peaks are formed; keep aside.
13. Into the prepared pan, pour the cream mixture.
14. Refrigerate until chill.
15. Spread whipped cream cheese at the top.
16. Garnish using grated Peppermint Patties.
17. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours for chilling.
18. Plate No Bake Chocolate Mint Cheesecake into a decorative dessert serving plate.
19. Cut into serving size portions.