Chocolate Pecan Cornucopias
|Piecrust mix stick||2|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet cooking chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Pecan halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Follow the directions on the package to make the pastry.
3) Roll the pastry to a 16x12-inch rectangle and cut it into 12 squares of 4-inches each with the help of a pastry wheel.
4) Roll each square and form a cone.
5) For each of the pastry cones, fold a paper towel in the quarters and shape into a cone.
6) Into each pastry cone, insert the paper cone.
7) On a baking sheet, place the cones and bake in the preheated oven till they are golden brown in color. This usually takes about 12 minutes of baking.
8) Take off the paper toweling and place the cornucopias on the rack to cool.
9) While the cornucopias are cooling, combine together the coffee powder, sugar, salt and some of the cream. Stir well till blended.
10) Add the remaining cream and chill the mixture.
11) Whip the chilled mixture till it is almost stiff.
12) Fold in the chopped pecans and the chocolate.
13) Into the baked and cooled cornucopias, spoon the mixture.
14) Serve the Chocolate Pecan Cornucopias right away. Garnish with pecan halves and serve as a dessert.